Thursday, May 20, 2010

Landing

I’m sitting here in my high school bedroom, the walls are painted bright purple and there is a polka dotted comforter cover. It feels good and strange to be somewhere where the only problem I can remember having is concerning my high school boyfriend. I’m here to get my feet back on the ground in more ways than one; this place will always be somewhere I can come to regroup and prepare to venture out yet again.

Being here feels like a new beginning, even though it maybe should feel like going back. I tried a lot of things these last few months travelling, I met a lot of people, and I was exposed to a lot of different cultures and ways of living. Some of those things are now a part of who I am now, and some I chose to simply leave behind. But it is evident to me that my upbringing will always be the core of who I am and what I believe.

Here’s to a good nights sleep and the first real unpacking session in three months. Goodbye toiletry kit, hello clean bathroom all to myself.

1 comment:

  1. how many showers since you've been home? i know that's one of your many efficient ways of keeping track of time...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...