Thursday, June 17, 2010

Identity

Tonight I got looking through old pictures. As I looked through photos of myself in many different places, with many different people, doing many different things I got thinking about identity. Where do we find it and who decides? Some people find their identity through what they do, others by who they do it with and others with where they've been. But if we strip away the places we go, the people we go there with and what we do there, who are we?

Maybe we are how we treat people. Maybe we are what we contribute to the world. Maybe we are the moral caliber that we reach.

1 comment:

  1. I still think place is incredibly important in who we become, but maybe that's because of my chose path in life. But, please, consider the words of Colson Whitehead in his book "Colossus of New York": "Cherish your old apartments and pause for a moment when you pass them. Pay tribute, for they are the caretakers of your reinventions."

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...