Friday, June 18, 2010

Settled

It's strange that at this age your entire life's focus can shift in a matter of weeks. I came home with a certain idea of what came next and a very clear 'to-do' list. But I am finding that the longer I am home, the more sure I am that that 'list' is not what I came home for at all. For once I am not putting all my stock in the things I am 'doing' but rather, the person I am becoming.

This weekend my parents, best friend, and brother will all be coming back into my life, I will teach my first public yoga class upon returning and I will attend an old friends wedding. All of these things, to me, signify the end of my soft landing period. Nothing wild and crazy is planned for next week or even next month, I don't anticipate any drastic changes, and I am finding a fulfilling light in mundane experiences (makes for a boring blog, I know, hang in there and I'll try to surprise you ;) ).

But I find myself content to be cruisin' along, livin' life and doin' my thing. I trust that life will create excitement, opportunities, and challenges as I carve out a place for myself among the people that change the world.

Oh, by the way, here is one of those mundane things that has me all lit up inside. :)

1 comment:

  1. Goal: I will be able to do this with as much grace as she has. After Nov. that is..

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...