Thursday, September 16, 2010

SHOES

I threw my shoes away.

The black ones that have padded back and forth around the Happy Sumo for over three years now.

The ones that have been beyond comfortable during hours of ridiculous people in ridiculous clothes.

They smelled. And were falling apart. And had white paint on them (not sure why?).

And I feel like throwing them away ended a chapter of my life called
penance.

And as I walked from the garbage can feeling light and free, I noticed the new chill in the air, and I knew that with that new chill comes new things.

2 comments:

  1. I like this. It is quotable. The kind of thing I save, because the words are so beautifully put together. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't go takin' credit for the 2.5 years i logged in those babies.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...