Thursday, September 23, 2010

Some color on the blog.

Kinda pretty huh? this is what I used to look like. Back when I was in high school. What a wild few years it's been since this picture was taken.

Tonight a very old friend reminded me of a very old truth. Not with his words or any grand gesture. In fact, I'm sure he doesn't know how much he got under my skin tonight. But I'm glad he did because he helped me draw some small connection with the girl in this picture, he made my life feel less linear and more like a spider web, threading itself back and forth through the years, connecting itself to the weaker portions of my time here and the phases I've gone through.

So there I am and here I am. And tonight it all feels the same and I think I'll sleep well knowing it.

2 comments:

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...