Monday, October 25, 2010

Whip it

I tried to trim my bangs. 

And I did it because I forgot the age old lesson called Never. Never. Never. do anything to your own hair that cannot be washed away. UNLESS you are either; a hair school graduate, in which case you can do whatever the hell you want... OR are very crafty, confident and stylish, in which case you can also do whatever the hell you want (and I'll extend that beyond hair styling ;) ).

 I have learned this lesson many times in my life: beginning with the year or so I had a 1-inch spike of hair jetting up from my forehead because I believed if I kept cutting it it may just disappear into my skull all together all the way to my emo days (someday I will post pictures of my jagged haircut and the red streaks I insisted upon and we will all have a good laugh about it.) 

But now I'm rambling... the fact is, I trimmed my bangs and they look stupid and now I will have to beg one of my hair school type buddies to fix it emergency style tomorrow. Gahhhh.

On a different note: I need to find myself some new hobby to bring some life back into my life... but all I can think of is becoming one of these girls! You get to dress absolutely ridiculous and be way bad ass and no one will say a word. 

Plus.
 I need to find a reckless activity to get involved in. And I need to find it quick. Help?


3 comments:

  1. hahahha. I loved the red and spikey hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm,reckless. You can come shooting with me. Someone tried to break into my apt recently while I was home and since then I've been toying with the idea of learning to shoot one of hubby's numerous firearms. Matt's gonna take me out for my first lesson next week.

    Or, not so reckless - come learn to salsa with me! It's a good workout and lots of fun. I'm getting back into it with a friend from school, and I think you and Sally should join us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roller derby looks pretty cool ...

    Be more serious about climbing outside, when you climb inside on top rope, push yourself until you feel like you are constantly going to fall ... See if you can go climbing with Jordan or something.

    Expensive hobby, go karting, shifter karts. If you push yourself ... find delight and comfort in situations that are new and strange and generally considered to be "out of control." You can learn a lot of techniques for driving more safely from doing this :D

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...