Monday, November 15, 2010

The Suite Life (I still heart Disney Channel)

Today my mom and I were introduced to our new hotel suite (I don't use that word lightly, it is bigger than my first apartment). We each have our own desk, there is a kitchen, two big screen TV's (which we have vowed not to turn on), a full living room, and most importantly: the bathroom has a jacuzzi style tub, roomy shower and Aveda products (you know you're in the right place when there are aveda products for give away). I am quite the judge when it comes to bathrooms, but this spacious well lit beauty has me pleased.

I should explain why I have been marveling at all this. I promise I have stayed in nice hotels before, I do know what they look like.

You see, we are staying here courtesy of BYU and so indirectly courtesy of the LDS church (it is some sort of boring work conference for my mom's job). So all of these little pleasures (almost forgot to mention the pool and complimentary sunshine!) are FREE to us.

So... as I'm perusing the tea and coffee set up my mom says to me...


"see Kelsey, it pays to be a member". (my mother's sense of humor when it comes to getting her children to like church will forever be undaunted) 


So I started thinking... yeah... it does pay to be a member... and I'm kind of laughing...

when she informs me she meant a member of the silver elite, the Marriott rewards group she is a part of that was actually responsible for the unexpected upgrade.

Ohhhh.... that too...


1 comment:

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...