Monday, January 17, 2011

Martin Luther King Jr. Day Lovin'

Today's circumstances have got me thinking about life.

they've left me feeling sorry for all the times I've passed hasty and unrighteous judgement.

they've taken me off my soap box and put me on my knees.


Most of all today's circumstances have me feeling astounded at the pain built into living this mortal life. and even more astounded at the beautiful, artistic, productive things that some people are able to do with that. 



Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. 

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. 




Today my hope is for understanding, or rather acceptance even when we can't understand.

Today my hope is for intelligent observance, unbiased analysis and boundless love.

Today my hope is for open ears, softer hearts and willing hands.



and just so you know... I'm not really talking about racism. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...