Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Planning

I am a master planner. I take after my mother in that way.

my life is arranged just so at the moment that there is little room for error. I have timed out classes, exercise, work and teaching in such a way that is perfect for me. There is time in between activities to recover and so as not to cause stress and a rushed feeling. There is built in time for recreation and studying and doing my calling. It all fits excellently and I am loving it.

lucky me, right?

but here's the thing about that: even master planners and hyper intuitive anticipaters like myself can't plan life. it's too full of the unexpected....

like full days devoted to family trauma you didn't see coming. and running into two people you kinda hoped never to have to see again in the same hour. and the worst head ache ever. 

but... that's life! and I'm not going to hide in a hole and avoid it. 

2 comments:

  1. I am the exact same way. Unexpected stuff like that always throws me for a loop. I'm sorry you had to deal with family trauma.

    I've just discovered your blog and I love it. Your blog is so refreshing. Not in the summer lemonade kind of way. It is refreshing in the really meaty, wordy, good thought out thoughts kind of way. Hope that made sense :) All I'm really trying to say is I enjoy what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna. I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...