Saturday, January 8, 2011

Surrendering

In yoga we have this phrase that goes 'let go' or 'go with the flow'. it is the essence of what yoga life is all about.

I interchange the two (yoga and life) so easily because to me, they are one. My yoga practice tends to mimic my life in all the most honest ways. It's exactly why getting on my mat some times is just as hard as showing up for life. I can be introspective enough to admit that it's all fear, fear of what I'll find there, good or bad.

the point is: if you show up on your mat each day, if you show up for life each day; your breath and-I toyed with the using the word fate here- will take you wherever you're meant to go. and to me, the trick is in being OK with wherever that is, because it won't always be where you meant it to be- but you all know that. Anyone who's lived life knows that.

So maybe the phrase may be more completely worded 'let go of ambition, let go of expectation, let go of pride, let go of your ego..... let go and live your life'. 






by the way: I'm spending my weekend being a bridesmaid in the wedding of a dear friend. it's my first time doing it! I have made a bad habit of being out of the country for every other wedding I may have been even remotely involved in.

Tonight was the pre-wedding dinner. It was beautiful...family and friends, toasts and roasts, slideshows and funny stories; everything an event like this ought to be.

They are a beautiful couple with every chance for every blessing life has to offer in head of them, and it's got me feeling pretty hopeful about life, pretty lucky to know these kind of people, and pretty inclined to my designated 'love songs' playlist. 

1 comment:

  1. "So maybe the phrase may be more completely worded 'let go of ambition, let go of expectation, let go of pride, let go of your ego..... let go and live your life'."

    I toyed with this idea for awhile. It felt good and fine, but it didn't quite fit. At least not yet.

    My ambition now is growth. Improve my position with my "adult responsibilities" referring to a previous conversation. I still have a heart for any fate, but instead of letting the ocean take me where it wants, I've upgraded to paddles.

    Basically I've spent the last few years picking up tidbits of knowledge and experience. Now is the time to start applying myself in a more focused way to start and complete projects. Improved focus, more confidence, more experience. More more more.

    It is a game to me. A way to pass the time. It is fun :D

    Expectation though, is dangerous, but probably a necessary evil. It really provides an unnecessary constraint in most cases. But how can we avoid it when working with other people?

    Pride and ego ... I'm still working on those!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of what I think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...